Sunday, January 13, 2013

Another Year Goes By...woot woot turning 23

Good news, I like my class. I've been taking Gender & Communications with Dr. Eisner. She's a great professor who is very sympathetic to our busy lives as students. I also appreciate how many films we've since related to gender issues and how we're exposed to and understand femininity and masculinity. Bad news is that its a lot of reading. Although most of our class discussions based on the readings are interesting I feel so tired at night its so difficult to push myself to read. Other than my class I'm also involved with rugby, burst the bubble classes and preparations for post-graduation opportunities, not to mention I do have a social life. I truly enjoy all I'm doing especially burst the bubble. I'm taking a Hip Hop and Cars & Trucks class both very interesting and most of the participants are guys.


The Man Wall

Birthday dessert at Pregos

This weekend was one of the first since I've been back to school that I've slept in. Although Saturday I did get up and go to the gym since practice was technically cancelled. Friday night consistent of a few hours playing Cards Against Humanity, Saturday, my birthday, was a quite day not doing much of anything except watching Casablanca, going to dinner with some friends and then going over to another group of friends for dessert (homemade bday 'sexy' cake) and V for Vendetta. Sunday, today, also a quiet and lazy day online watching Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie's show A Bit of Fry and Laurie and getting frustrated with online dating (aka OkCupid!). All in all I can't complain. I've had a pretty stress free week/weekend. Hopefully this coming week I go out and party a bit before finals and my trip back home. Yes...so soon.

All of my "types" of men...

My fave: marble cake with buttercream icing :)

If there was one thing that I learned this year to carry on with me in the next is self appreciation. Although I know that I want others to appreciate me and respect me I won't ever feel whole or as supported as I need to without myself. Of course there's God but at the end of the day what is the most relatable to myself: God or me. I am my own best friend and I need to treat myself better especially when I can't rely on others to fill that void. If I do that I can have a better understanding as to what I really need support, respect and appreciation from others, and demand it. So we'll see how this year turns out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment